Place of Business:
The HR Business Partner Generalist leads the support in developing, implementing, and continuously improving people plans to maximize the performance of employees in the business units they support. The HR Business Partner Sr Generalist is a key technical partner for their respective business unit, operating under the supervision of a more experienced HR Business Partner.
This role will work in partnership with the business and human resources teams, including the talent management, organizational health and diversity, talent acquisition and Total Rewards teams to develop and execute strategies aimed at attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent that will enable Entergy to achieve the vision of becoming the Premier Utility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the HR organization and their respective business unit, supports the development and
• Execution of the business unit people plan, including, but not limited to:
• Talent Resource Strategies- including workforce planning
• Talent and Performance Calibrations
• Pay for Performance & Pay Equity
• Talent Reviews
• Succession Planning
• Agile Career Pathing
• Organization Development
• Organization Effectiveness
• Business Evolution Measures/Metrics
• Organization Design
• Org-specific On-Boarding
• Retention Programs
• Engagement Programs
• Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Programs
• Organizational Health Programs
• Leadership Coaching
• Change Management Consulting
• Employee Relations
• Labor Relations
• Unusual or highly complex issues
• Through the analysis and interpretation of business and people data, provides insights and recommendations to the business to drive improved business results. The HRBP Generalist, Snr may be required to interpret and translate the data into meaningful actions that the business can take to improve employee performance. Successful execution of this requires the HRBP Generalist, Snr to communicate those insights to the business in a way the business can understand the impacts of their actions. This requires strong influencing skills.
• Responsible for providing support in all aspects described above, with specific responsibility for providing line manager support in the areas of performance management, discipline and employee relations. The HRBP Generalist, Snr, may be responsible for leading simple investigations into workplace concerns.
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends in all aspects of HR. Supports the other HR Business Partners to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies. Leads the provision of advice on HR practices, policies and procedures.
• Participates on HR and enterprise wide steering committees and leads special projects. Responsible for building collaborative relationships with all parts of HR, Shared Services and other groups as needed to deliver HR results. Can be seen as a support for lesser experienced employees.
• Supports efforts to improve both employee engagement and diversity and inclusion with the business organizations supported.
Minimum education required of the position:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred
Minimum experience required of the position:
HRBP Generalist Sr: 6 years HR or related experience without a degree or 5 years HR or related experience with a degree
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
• Has diverse functional knowledge across multiple areas of HR
• Can perform work that is complex and may be broad/diverse in scope
• Easily adapts to changing circumstances; champions change
• May lead projects, processes or resources with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); able to use without issue, including complex formulas
• Advanced knowledge of HR Management systems or other experience with HRIS
• Ability to write, run, and analyze queries and reports
• Actively monitors external landscape for best practices and provides recommendations on possible enhancements/changes across a variety of HR disciplines
• Able to present and communicate both internal and external presentations
• Influential communicator; can articulate difficult concepts
• Able to solve complex problems and translate HR data into meaningful advice
• Able to proactively identify problems and develop effective solutions or alternatives
• Able to recommend and implement efficiency improvements, when they arise without waiting for direction
• May contribute to projects by serving as a subject matter expert/solving complex problems for their area of developing expertise while maintaining ongoing responsibilities for day-to-day work
• Demonstrated ability to influence others internally and externally
• Deep understanding of all aspects of HR generalist support
• Highly organized and results oriented
• Ability to identify and advise on employee relations issues
• Gains leadership involvement and line ownership
• Incorporates the perspectives of all stakeholders and analyzes business and people related data to influence people plans and activities
• Committed to continuous learning / improvement in all aspects of HR
• Judgment - can discern when to inquire, advocate, drive, or resolve more decisively
• Understands applicable laws, regulations, and government requirements and their impact on the business.
• Ensures compliance through effective programs, policies, and practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (internal and external to Entergy) including written communication, executive presentations, and stand-up speaking skills; comfortable presenting to and facilitating work with all key stakeholders
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
SPHR/PHR certification is a plus
Click here to apply.