The Northshore Society for Human Resource Management (NSHRM) is the local affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management serving professionals on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain in Southeast Louisiana. The Chapter offers meetings, professional development, networking opportunities, and community outreach projects.
NSHRM welcomes all human resource professionals, students of human resource management, as well as business professionals who want to increase their knowledge of human resources. Our members represent diverse business sectors: retail, service, real estate, education, government, health care, manufacturing, banking, and more. We have more than 150 members in our Chapter representing more than 100 organizations on the Northshore.
$30.00 for National SHRM members
$40.00 for non-members of National SHRM
Member benefits include:
- Career Center - Post and search HR resumes as well as free job postings for your organization.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Resources and education for your organization's D&I mission.
- Community Focus - Access to HR interns and Workforce Development resources.
- Legislative Affairs - Receive up-to-date information on recent legislation impacting your organization as well as compliance guidance.
- HR links - Our collection of recommended top HR resource websites, organizations, and professional development information.
- Member Directory - Great for networking!
- Event Content - VIP access to professional, SHRM and HRCI presentation material following our events and Chapter Meetings.
There are three categories of membership:
1. Professional -Individuals who meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Those persons who, at the time of application, have responsibility for the development, supervision and administration of the formal human resource program of their respective organization in any one of the following functional areas: Employment, Placement, Human Resources Planning, Training and Development, Employee and Labor Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Health/Safety/Security, Human Resource research, or Equal Employment Opportunity Administration;
- Are certified by a human resource credentialing agency recognized by SHRM (professional certification or higher);
- Faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in the human resource management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university and have at least three years' experience at that level of teaching;
- Full time consultants with at least three years' experience in field of human resources management;
- Full time attorneys with at least three years' experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession.
- Professional Members may vote and may hold office in the chapter.
- Those individuals who do not meet the requirements of the other classes but who demonstrate a bona fide interest in human resource management and the mission of the chapter.
- Associate members will pay regular dues and luncheon costs, may vote and serve on the Board of Directors and committees, but may not be an officer of the chapter.
- Currently enrolled in a human resource degree program full time at Southeastern Louisiana University but do not meet any of the criteria in 1 or 2.
- Students do not have voting rights and may not hold office.